Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

BellaLabs in Herndon, Virginia - Charged for a product I thought was free for only the shipping and handling fee of $4.95.

After taking a survey, my "prize" was a free trial of face cream from Bella Labs for the shipping and handling cost of only $4.95. I didn't give it much thought until $87+ change was added to my credit card. When I called the Company, the customer service person was very rude and started yelling at me. I asked to talk to their Supervisor, and the person put me on hold and came back on the line and told me that I had gone to their website to order this product. I told them that I never went to their website, and I would never have a reason to go to their website. I was on the survey's website and, unfortunately, ordered my free prize from that site. I did give the free trial a try and to be honest, its not anything more than a very expensive moisturizer. There are certainly many that work as well or better that can be purchased at a local department store or pharmacy.This is nothing more than a scam and I am reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau and the FBI Internet Fraud division. It seems like a lot of people were scammed by a survey and state the same song over and over. There should be a law against websites like this.

I experienced the very same thing that happened to you. This is a totally deceptive, fraudulent and manipulative scheme of advertising. I am very surprised this scam has not been investigated and shut down!

BellaLabs - Deceptive practices - internet scam

I ordered the free trial of this product. Since the cost was $4.95 for shipping and handling, I didn't give it much thought until $87. was charged to my credit card. I received the "free trial" about 6 days later. I did give it a try and to be honest, its not anything more than a very expensive moisturizer. There are certainly many that work as well or better that can be purchased at a local department store or pharmacy. This is, IMO, nothing more than a scam and I am reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau and the FBI Internet Fraud division.
galashelties

Update - I filed a complaint against Bellalabs with the Better Business Bureau. I was reimbursed the total amount charged to my card as a result.

#811966

Looks like there are enough of us to begin a class action law suit against this rip off company.

Same thing happened to me, I just noticed the charges on my card and was looking to call this company. It doesn't look like it will do any good, so will cancel another card.

too bad you can't trust internet purchases anymore. I will not buy anything on internet anymore.

I'm still dealing with fraud that happened to me with Sheer Cover vitamins that I kept getting and didn't order either. Never again.

The same thing happened to me, what a rip off, I had no idea I was going to have to pay $87.63 in addition to the $4.99 for the trial offer. When I called them, they said I would have had to cancel within 14 days of ordering my trial.

View more comments (3)
Loss
The questions were about Shutterfly and they always follow through with promos. At the end it said 4.95 for shipping and insurance. I called them at 7:22 and at 10 am they sent this message: At this time, you have been charged the full retail price of $87.63 for that...

BellaLabs in Catskill, New York - Rip off!!! Scam

well my bad... i should have been watching my account...and i didnt until i saw this 82.73 charge ... hmmmm looking back i saw three more.... ok.. i called the company yesterday and the day before and left a message as i was told they would call me back.. right now i called to cancel.. and waited 24 minutes...but spoke to a very nice girl who said she would cancel everything but no refund... i very nicely explained that i didnt realize but i understand she just works there...She said she was going to speak to her supervisor about the return of 4 unopened packages of this cream but she said she didnt think they would take it back..well he did refund me one...and i will send that one back.. unlike others the customer service rep was excellent... im not thrilled that they wouldnt take the other three but im happy that i got something... BEWARE of this company!!!!

Anyone reading this and had the same experience should file a claim with the Better Business Bureau of San Diego. I did and got my money back, which to me is an admission of guilt.

My bank is also investigating them for fraud. It is up to US...the people that were ripped off.

This was a total mistake and I only pray that I don't lose my life over a bad decision on my part. I never spend over five dollars for any type of lotion because I'm not allowed, but I understood this deal to be for the price of 4.95 so I thought even if the product wasn't any good I'd be okay.

The joke is on me now because this company took 87.93 out of my account and when my husband sees our account this may be my last comment about anything, I've tried to explain that to the customer service lady and she had no empathy for the information I gave her, I guess it's over for me when he finds out I'm going to probably get a real bad beating, that 87.93 is our food money. I pray this never happens to anyone else :cry Thanks Bellalabs I read some of the comments and it's funny this company can pick the one's they want to help.

This time my beat down is on your hands and I just pray he doesn't kill me in a fit of rage. I wish I had never received anything advertisement from this company.

@Abused wife

You need to leave your abusive husband right away. Your regret should be not leaving him rather than ordering this scam product.

There is help out there. You can do it. I was in an abusive relationship with a live-in boyfriend and it got so bad that I became suicidal and was placed in a psychiatric hospital. I filed for a restraining order and the judge granted one for five years.

I was lucky to get away, but it took conviction on my part that I would no longer be abused and when things came to a head I sought help from police. Living in fear and abuse every day is not living. You must get out and heal yourself and find your own happiness. Even if you have children, there is a way out.

Be a survivor, not a victim.

Be well. I'll be praying for you.

@catdog

I decided to check out the product before ordering. The results kept me from being suckered in.

But this note is to thank you for going out of your way to help another anonymous person more than just about the product. God will reward you for your good deed I believe.

View more comments (3)
Bellalabs Cream

BellaLabs in Macon, Georgia - Got scammed!

They offer you a "14 day free trial offer" and all you have to pay is the $4.95 shipping. I recieved the cream and knowing that a lot of these "free offers" have consequences attached, I thoroughly read the paperwork.....to find that you only have 14 days from the date you ordered the product (leaving only 3 days to cancel because it took them 11 days to get it to me), to cancel the order or you will be billed $87. So, it took the second day of waiting on hold to get a person on the phone and then found out you don't get to keep the cream, of course, you have to mail it back to them. Be aware of all these free offers online....there is always some way they are going to get you!! Guess I will go pay for shipping now.
Loss

BellaLabs in Richardson, Texas - Scam. ***.

Upon taking an AOL Survey, I was offered a free trial of Instant Wrinkle Reducer by paying a $4.95 shipping and handling fee. When I received my bank account statement, I discovered that BellaLabs had charged $87.63 for a 'sample size' of their product. When I called to request a refund, I was offered a $13 refund even though I was NEVER notified of the pending charge within a certain period of time. Rather than let Karma take care of it, I'll file a formal complaint with the contact the Better Business Bureau and any other agency that handled this kind of scummy business practice.
Review
#482014 Review #482014 is a subjective opinion of poster.

BellaLabs in Charleston, South Carolina - Charged $87.93 for a free trial

I was offered a free trial from BELLALAB for the price of shipping which was $4.95, I just had $87.93 taken from my bank account, I contacted their customer service who said they would kindly cancel any further orders or shipments!!!! really!!!! this was supposed to be a free trial not a subscription that I signed up for. I had a reaction to the product and used it once, I am not a member of BELLALAB! Beware this company is a fraud, apparently they offer a 14 day free trial, if you don't call and cancel before the 14 day they will charge you $87.93 for the free sample for their advertised $4.95 shipping ONLY!

Yes, a lot of people fell in this trap! There got to be a way to stop them! Any one?

Same happened to me here it Arkansas. Not cool, BellaLab.

You need to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau of San Diego...I did and I got my money back. My bank is also investigating them for fraud. It's up to US, the consumers that were ripped off.

rcfm11
@Lindy

How to file a claim with BBB of SD?

this is not a fraud but is shady business for sure. it was clearly marked just in the fine print that unfortunately NO ONE ever seems to take the time to read.

there is no "free trial" if it were they'd just send the samples out at THEIR costs. they want you to forget to check the fine print and think "hey i'm just paying s&H otherwise it's free right?" wrong free is free meaning NO charge at all.

but they do it this way knowing some will NOT check the fine print and forget to cancel and then be charged. nothing you can really do unless you can prove that they had it listed nowhere on their site/advertisement or they risk opening themselves up for lots and lots of chargebacks/and/or lawsuits from unhappy people.

View more comments (4)
Loss

BellaLabs in Atlanta, Georgia - Just had a conversation with a Bella Labs CSR. Rude and defensive is the beast description. Thought I was getting a 30 day free trial!

Very shady company. My experience has been a eye opener to not deal with any free 30 day supply of anything. BEWARE!! They will charge your account $87.63 after 1 week of use. You don't even know at that point if the product even works! Was told that there would be a monthly charge also. BEWARE and get all facts before ordering from anyone. Further, they say it was on their website but had a ad on facebook that I found them to get the 30 day trial. Apparently the product doesn't work and this is their way of "hooking" the consumer.

Same here; I am reporting them to BBB.

I have had the same issues with Bellalabs--not only did they charge me $89.00 BEFORE my 30 day free trial was up, but they charged an additional "international fee"

When I called to complain, they told me it was only a 14 day trial & it is my problem because I "didn't read the Agreement Form"

Moral of the story:

NEVER participate in any so-called free trial offers.

I received a fancy bottle from Bella Labs I called them to discuss this product, it does not list any ingredient that looks like what they were advertising. I was on hold for at least 10 minutes because all agents were busy, when someone came on the line and I started asking her questions she HUNG UP on me. I will be checking my account to see if anything is being charged to me.

People who keep falling for free this and free that are always amazed when they discover the truth. Ignorance is never blissful.

@Anonymous

This is not a fair comment - there ARE legitimate on-line companies that DO the right thing. FREE is supposed to be FREE, unless the definition of "free" has changed in the dictionary.

Yes, shipping charges are stated and paid...no issue about that, BUT a free first order to try the product should be honored, period. Don't you agree companies should stand by their product guaranties? Look how Amazon has grown and continues to grow...they simply fill orders and get the items to their customers as fast as they can. Why should we expect less from BellaLab and leCreme companies?

What's wrong with you to think people are just plain "ignorant" for expecting a company to do as they promised?

Been burned a few times? Speak out and help expose these lies instead of being part of the problem.

View more comments (4)

BellaLabs in Lawrence, Kansas - Bank account charged $87.63

I was asked to do a survey and I would get a free product but pay shipping. Bella Labs was one of the and I had already taken the other offers so I chose them. It came in a small bottle and then the next week I am charged $87.63 on my bank account-which is for my car insurance on the 23rd of this month. I couldn't believe it! I don't know what to do now. It's Sunday and they won't open till tomorrow so we will find out what they intend to do about this. I will keep you posted. To me this is hard core scam!

If they ere honest they would have spelled it out when you are giving them your payment info at checkout. They should tell you that if you don't cancel within 14 days, we will charge your credit card $88 every month for it, very deceptive company. They put it all in the fine print, hoping you won't pay attention to it.

Loss

BellaLabs in New Britain, Pennsylvania - I called and said I did not wish to continue;they sent it anyway.

I just got a call from my credit card company saying that they are claiming I did not call them and they never got the product back—NOT TRUE. I paid them the courtesy of calling them first; I then returned the package unopened. There was a money back guarantee on the product; part of what I told them when I called, was that it did not work, thus I did not want to continue getting the product. What happened to your money back if not completely satisfied? BELLALABS REVIEW OVERALL RATING: ★★ ★ 3/5 FORMULA: ★★ 2/10 TEXTURE AND SCENT: ★★★ 3/5 INNOVATION: ★★ 2/5 PRODUCT SAFETY: ★★★ 3/5 VALUE FOR MONEY ★★★ 3/5 CUSTOMER REVIEWS: ★★ 2/5 RESULTS: ★★★ 3/5 GUARANTEES: ★★★★ 4/5 Obviously I am not the only one with complaints.

I ordered the product as a free trial. So then I had to pay for shipping and handling..

Then in 14 days they charged my credit card 87.63. I called and they said I 14 days to cancel and I had to pay for the bottle. I told them at that point that I wanted to cancel my account and do not send any more products or charge my account another dime. This month I get another charge for 87.63 and another bottle of the product.

I called again said they could not refund the charge because I already had the product. I told them again to cancel my account and send me a confirmation email saying it was cancelled and would not send or charge my account ever again. I kept the email and we will see.

If they do it again I will get a lawyer because I have the proof now. I was so disappointed that this was such a scam.

Im a victim too coz the say this product is for trial that i beleive but is not true coz the take my money into my account and that sounds is trick somebody whoelse that person they did not know.

View more comments (1)